Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Stupid People



Are they born stupid? Become stupid? Smoke too much pot, do too much crack, what is it that makes them stupid?

I'd be writing a novel the size of Insomnia if I went into all the ways people are stupid, but this is just one example and it drives me nukking futz.

We have this recycling station at our apartment complex, it's inside a garage type thing. In it are different sized receptacles - one big dumpster for garbage; one big mesh-like dumpster for flattened cardboard; several big plastic bins for plastic, newspapers, cans, etc.... and ONE big plastic bin for GLASS. Doesn't seem too complicated now, does it? I didn't think so.

So, every single time I go in there to take my recycling, which is once or twice a week, I go to put my empty beer bottles (thank God that bin is big) in the Glass Only container, only to find, time after time, that some dumb fukks put plastic bottles of all colors, shapes and sizes into this bin. WHY, I ask you!!?? It clearly says Glass Only on the container. It's not like the other bins that are appropriate for plastic are full either, because they're not. I checked. Yes, this is how sick I am, how much this irks me. I can see if one accidentally slips in with the glass, but no.... it is chock full of em!

I don't even know if it's just one person that continually does this over and over, or if there is a renegade group of stupid-ass people that live in the same complex as me. Given the amount of times lately I've seen police cars around, it is probably the latter. Or, could it be that, after stupid person #1 dumps his non-glass items into the glass only container, other not-quite-as-stupid people say to themselves, "hey if you can't beat em, join em!"

I hate stupid people. I really really REALLY do.

Have a nice day! ;o)