Wednesday, October 12, 2005

These are the days.....

Damn I guess I haven't written anything in a while! With work, and the new guy in my life, not to mention baseball playoffs and getting back to the gym, I guess I haven't taken the time to blog :o)

This past Saturday J and his kids came over around 4 pm - this was the first time I met them, and I was nervous as hell, mostly just because I wanted them to like me. We went out to Old Chicago for pizza and then on to the hockey game. We all had a really good time. It was raining a bit, and we had to park about 50 miles (ok well not really but you get the idea) away from the Coliseum, but once we got in and sat down, all was well. The kids loved it, and we had a great time just watching them and laughing at all the goofy stuff they did. The game even turned out to be really exciting, the Hawks were down by 2 goals and playing like shit, then all of a sudden they came back quick to tie the game, went into OT, and they scored another goal to win. Gotta love it!! Afterwards they came over my place for another hour or so and we all hung out, played with the cat, etc. It was a great time.

Sunday I decided to just stay in and watch the various baseball and football games that were on TV, including the Eagles v. Cowboys. I figured this would be a no brainer, even in Dallas, the Eagles would kick major ass, go home winners, and put another notch in their belt. Well, no such luck. They played BAD. I don't even mean bad, I mean FUCKING HORRENDOUS is more like it. Embarrassing even. The Cowboys destroyed them with really not all that much effort. Goddamit!!! Well, they have a bye this week so hopefully they can get their shit together and come back strong against the Chargers. God, I hope so. McNabb's starting to look a little worse for wear, I don't know if he's gonna be able to hold on all season.

The leaves are starting to turn, the weather's getting grey and rainy, I guess fall is upon us and winter is just around the corner. That so sucks - I really don't like winter at all. Go to work in the dark, go home in the dark, always freaking dark. Even on the weekends it's dark b/c it's raining, every single day. Oh well, at least now I'll have something to occupy my time until spring ;)

Hope you all are doing great!!