Monday, October 03, 2005

Manic Monday

So on Friday afternoon I left work early to deposit some checks into my office's trust account for a settlement that we just got finished with. Over $100,000. I put the receipt in my wallet for safe keeping, until I got into the office on Monday morning. When I woke up this morning, a panic struck me, wondering where that receipt was, as I had completely forgotten about it all weekend long. I ransacked my wallet and couldn't find it. So, well, I panicked a little more. Ok a LOT more. I remembered that yesterday afternoon, while trying to distract myself from what I was sure was going to be an Eagles' loss, I had cleaned out my wallet of about 25 receipts for food, gas, beer, the usual shit. I thought maybe I had lumped it in mistakingly with those other receipts, and went to the closet to my "receipt box" to check. Nothing. FUUUUUUUCK! I did NOT want to show up Monday without that receipt. I decided to just calm down, get ready, and look again when I was done. I tried to catch my breath and jumped in the shower. By the time I had my first cup of coffee, was all ready for work, I decided to look again one more time through my wallet. There it was, just sitting in there, smirking at me. Little fucker! I actually yelled at it. Yes, that's what my Monday morning was like :)

I had a great weekend! Saw J on Friday night - a little later than I was planning on, because the Yanks/Sox game was on, and I wanted to catch a little of it before going over to his place. It was POURING RAIN all damn day, and I was happy to have someone nice and warm to cuddle up with ;)

Saturday I helped him move into his new place in the afternoon, then we went out for some dinner and to the Portland Winter Hawks hockey game at the Rose Garden (an arena, not an actual garden LOL). It was awesome!! It was the first hockey game I've been to since, literally, the late 80's when I saw the Flyers a few times. Loved it! We had a great time. We ran into a few guys he works with, and they were hysterical. The game was over pretty early, about 9:30, so we decided to go out and have a couple beers somewhere. He just moved to Vancouver, so we headed out that way to a bar, they had a live band, so we just hung out and watched all the old drunk people try and dance, always a riot :) We actually ended up staying and closing the place at 2 am, and I got home around 3 I guess. Yes, I am now the party animal!! lol

So my cat apparently missed me, and insisted I wake up Sunday morning at about 8:00 am, so I had 5 hours sleep - not exactly what I was hoping for. I had a big day after all! J was working (OT), so I had the Phillies game on at 10, then the Astros game (playoff/wildcard important game), then the Yankees/Sox game at 11, the Patriots/Chargers game at 10, then the Eagles game at 1. I wasn't feeling my absolute best, from the beer the night before and from the lack of a lot of sleep, so I just laid around and watched sports all day long. J came over later, around 7, and we hung out for a couple hours. All in all, a great weekend! The Eagles game nearly killed me though, I swear my poor heart isn't going to survive this season. It's weird, the more hurt Donovan gets, the better he seems to play. Well, the second half anyway, the first half was a disgrace. But, hey a win's a win!!