Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Remind me never to.....

Go grocery shopping, on the way to work, in a frickin flood!!

I figured I'd stop at the store this morning to get "a few things" - which in womanspeak unfortunately means buy the whole goddamn store, even though it was pouring rain, and I mean POURING FUCKING RAIN. There is a small river LITERALLY on the street outside my work. This is the second day in a row of such pouring fucking rain, and I'm about sick of it. In fact, that's what the news should report, that's POURING FUCKING RAIN. Because it is. Hell, the rain actually set off a car alarm in my apartment parking lot this morning!

Ok, back to shopping. I park right right by the entrance, across the street, figure I can run my cart over there with Ichiro-like speed, throw the shit in the back, and be on my way, a little wet but no worse for wear. (Mind you, now that I'm an "official Oregonian" I gave up my umbrella for my hooded raincoat - it's wussy to use an umbrella in this town, trust me I've gotten quite the stare in the past.) So, I get ready to leave the store with my cart full of shit (only went in there for a few things, I swear!)....well, the cart decides to completely lock up in the middle of the fucking street just as the skies opened up even worse than it had been. So, I'm stuck in the middle of the street in the pouring fucking rain with a cart that literally won't move an inch. I had to literally pick up the cart full of shit, about a foot at a time, and get it to the side of the road, so I could finally load up the van. By this time, my jeans were just about soaked through, I am standing in about 3 inches of water and my hood keeps blowing off b/c of the wind.

So, I'm at work, drying to dry off, and cursing the food I just bought with every 4-letter word I can think of, and a few more I made up along the way.

Then I feel totally guilty, b/c J works outdoors, so he's got to deal with this pouring fucking rain all fucking day.

Happy Tuesday everyone, hope it's a little drier where you are :)