Monday, October 24, 2005

Blow me!

So as I'm getting ready for work this morning, I have the TV on in the other room so I can hear the news. All of a sudden, it sounds like Hurricane Wilma done landed in the middle of my living room! They have this reporter on Fox News, Trace something or other, on location in one of the cities in Florida battling the bazillionth hurricane this year. With all the noise going on, well hell I have to look and see what the hell is going on here! They have this dude on air, asking him intellectual queestions like, "Well, Trace, just how does it feel out there?" Through various satellite breaks (as you'd imagine would happen in a hurricane, but hey), he screams into his waterlogged microphone as he holds on for dear life to a metal trash receptable that must have been frigging bolted to the ground, because the guy was using every ounce of energy to hold on and not blow away, that "Well, it's pretty darn windy out here!" No shit sherlock!! We get the picture here!

I hope he makes a helluva lot of money, because I find it completely humorous that the news channels make these poor schlepps try to hold on in 100+ winds in a frickin hurricane, just so we viewers can watch and proceed to take bets on how long he can hold on. It's mildly entertaining, mind you, but fuck that poor guy is about to die and they're making him stick around for another live interview in 10 minutes! I mean, is it really necessary for us to see "just how bad it is" by making this poor guy try to stand up in a hurricane? It just totally makes me wonder just how bad our society and tv media craves stuff like this. If there's a tornado barreling through some poor town in the middle of Nebraska, well hell let's send a reporter out there to stand in the middle of it and tell us how it feels! Only in America :o)


****************

Had a great weekeend - -Saturday I spent solo, just running around, got my nails done, did a little shopping, and sat home and watched the baseball game and then the movie Fever Pitch, which was cute. J had his kids, and it was nice to just have a day to kick back and relax. Yesterday, I got up early to watch the Eagles game; another nail-biter, I swear this team is going to cause me to have a serious "cardiac event." First they're losing, then they're winning, losing, winning, losing and then finally winning. I just can't take it!! :) Plus, Dallas lost with a minute or two left, and that was just another bit of good news ;)

J and his kids and I met up at Old Chicago for dinner before the hockey game, and then off to the 5 pm game. We had a lot of fun, his kids are a lot of fun to hang out with and it was a great time.

Of course I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like total poo - don't know if I ate something bad or what, but I felt awful - nauseous, just plain sick. I'm at work now and still feel kinda shitty, but a little better. Just didn't get as much sleep as I'd have liked, and it's still semi-dark and gloomy out.

Shit, did I mention it was like 73 and sunny Saturday?? How fucking nice it was to have a day like that. Just one more - sheer heaven on earth. I hate winter, I really do. It's dark all the time, rainy all the time here, just not much to do. Oh well, at least now I'll have someone to pass the time with ;)

HAPPY MONDAY ALL!!