Monday, April 03, 2006

I Saw Something That Shocked Me

Yes, shocked the shit out of me, in fact. Well not literally, that would have been hella embarrassing, so thank God just figuratively.

Anyway, the Seattle Mariners played an exhibition game in Portland this past Friday night, against the Padres' AAA team, the Portland Beavers. The forecast was for rain (go figure! Hey it's Portland, it rains ALL THE FREAKING TIME). However, it was nice/sunny all damn day long, so I was hopeful it wouldn't rain. I met Jon after work for dinner and a couple beers, then we walked over to the park (luckily only a few blocks from where I work). By the time we got to our seats (my awesome boss had bought tickets for everyone in the office, and he also had season tickets so I got his seats, only about 9 rows from the field), it started raining. Just misty, but still raining. The seats where everyone else from work was sitting were underneath the overhang, so they weren't getting rained on, so we went and sat with them (of course half the people who had tickets didn't even show up!). The park was entirely sold out, and it made for some difficulty getting around the concourse, and beer/food lines, as this smaller stadium isn't really used to handling that kind of crowd.

I haven't even gotten to the shocking part yet. That happened when I went to the bathroom - there was a HUGE line coming from the men's room, and NO LINE AT ALL coming from the wonmen's room! No matter if you're a guy or girl, I'm sure you can appreciate the shock factor here. And this didn't happen just once. It happened 4 times! Women and men alike were laughing and commenting right along with me, that this just never happened! It was just hilarious, and goddammit I loved it! Was that a fluke, a freak of nature, or has this ever happened before?


*************

I rented two awesome movies this weekend: Capote and Memoirs of a Geisha, both excellent!! Hell, after watching Capote I went straight onto Amazon.com and ordered his book, In Cold Blood. From the passages of it that were read during the movie, it looked incredible, he really writes well, or so it seems ;op I also ordered the Memoirs book, I loved the movie, and my mom said she loved the book, so I figured why not. Hey maybe I'll even get around to finishing the DaVinci Code before the movie comes out in May ;)


WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BASEBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!!