Thursday, March 23, 2006

Time and Space

Damn, I didn't realize that it's been over a month since I've "blogged" until I just happened to bring up my blog and saw the last post date. I guess I just haven't had the notion to mess with it lately. I don't know why really, just that it is.

Things are still great with me and my man, it's been 6 months now, and I guess they saying "time flies when you're having fun" is true, because things are really great. He's a wonderful guy and I'm lucky to have found him. We're talking about moving in together at some point, but that's probably 6 months to a year away. After getting my own apartment last July, I've been really enjoying my independence. It's the first time I've had my own place, and I love being in charge of my own life and my own space, and I'm not quite ready to let go of that just yet. Lucky for me, he's very patient and understand and, when we do move in together, I know it'll be wonderful.

The reason I even thought about blogging today was because on my way to work this morning, I stopped into a Starbucks to buy a pound of coffee (Verona, good stuff!). A guy walked into the store right in front of me, and I followed him over to the counter, where one person was already at the register ordering coffee. He got about 6-8 feet away from the counter/register, and just stopped. Stopped! He didn't go and get in line right behind the person already there, which I assume is fookin' normal, is it not? There was literally about a 6 foot gap between him and the person already in line. I wasn't sure if he was looking at something and wasn't quite ready to get IN LINE yet, or what. I stood behind him for oh about 15 seconds, and I finally asked the dude if he was in line - didn't seem like he was, but I didn't want to just walk around him and get in line if he really was in line. Maybe he has one of those personal space issues, I don't know, but when I asked him if he was in fact in line, he looked at me like I had two heads, saying with his eyes but not with his mouth, "Of course I'm in line you idiot, doesn't it LOOK like I'm in line!?"

What the hell is up with that? Was his invisible friend in line with him?

Anyway, that's been my morning so far, enjoy your day!!